Fourth Grade Curriculum
Safer, Smarter Kids currently spans from Pre-K through third grade, with fourth and fifth grade installments available for classroom use in the 2016-2017 school year.
The fourth grade curriculum addresses safety information in a relatable child-centric backdrop to help children more clearly identify their changing needs as they become more independent. Students will join Lauren and the kids as they travel back in time to learn about the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, which is provided as an introduction to the Kids’ Bill of Rights and builds the framework for all of the lessons in the fourth grade curriculum. Students are introduced to the Kids’ Bill of Rights, which includes their right to Safety, Respect, their Identity, a Voice, and the right to their Childhood.
This Kit Includes (5 Lessons)
- Teacher’s Guide
- USB with videos, lesson materials and parent letters (Parent letters available in Spanish and Creole)
- Learning Logs (Big Idea and Key Vocabulary, My Turn Activity, Journal Prompt, and Building the Background Activity)
- Key Vocabulary Cards
- Florida Standards Reference Sheet
- Kids’ Bill of Rights
- Voice: The Right To Be Heard
- Respecting Boundaries
- Identity: The Right to Be Who You Are
- The Responsibilities of Your Rights
Lesson 1 Video
To view and download sample materials from the first lesson of the 4th Grade Curriculum, click below.
To order the Safer, Smarter Kids 4th Grade Curriculum, click here.